Cronulla has been selected to launch the first Eventhouse boutique hotel in Australia.
The former Rydges Cronulla has been refurbished with a modern beach decor to reflect the hotel’s coastal setting and ocean views.
The hotel is positioned for the leisure and business markets with 84 rooms and suites and a dedicated conference level overlooking the pool and ocean with five rooms accommodating up to 175 guests.
The new Eventhouse brand is being launched by hospitality and leisure company Event Hospitality and Entertainment (EVT) whose portfolio includes Event Cinemas,Greater Union, QT Hotels and Resorts, Rydges Hotels, Atura Hotels, Art Series Hotels. Thredbo Alpine Village and Edge Digital and Technology.
The property has been redesigned by the team responsible for the look of QT Hotels and Resorts.
Each of the Eventhouse boutique hotels is being designed specifically to reflect the unique location of each hotel.
In the case of Cronulla, the tone is coastal, “beach-chic” decor reflecting the beach-side suburb experience.
Public areas have plenty of natural light, glass and a sea-inspired palette.
Each of the 84 guest rooms has a private balcony with beach or bay views designed to take with beach inspired decor and plenty of natural light.
Standard features include designer beds, LCD flat screen TVs with Foxtel, complimentary Wi-Fi. Coffee pod machines and bathroom amenities by Sanctum Australia.
There are five room styles:
- Standard with twin bed and sofa beds which can accommodate an extra adult or two children;
- Ocean View Rooms with views of Cronulla Beach below and with a Queen bed or King Zip/twin bed configuration;
- Superior Ocean View Room, available above the fifth floor and offering sweeping views of Cronulla Beach;
- One bedroom suites with a separate bedroom with a Queen bed, spacious living area, private balancy and expansive views of Cronulla and
- Two Bedroom Suites with queen, king or twin bed configuration, spacious living area, private balancy and able to accommodate up to five people.
The new Red Radish restaurant and bar has alfresco dining areas with Cronulla Beach as its backdrop and with a menu with a seafood influence using fresh local produce.
The restaurant can seat 48 while the bar and restaurant has a combined seating capacity of 100.
The second Eventhouse hotel will launch in Hobart in mid-2017.