Eight sporting clubs in Miranda electorate have been awarded state government grants for uses ranging from buying equipment and uniforms to providing training for coaches.
The largest grant, $17,000, is for a machinery shed at Southern Districts Rugby Club’s headquarters at Forshaw Park, Sylvania Waters.
Other grants, announced by Miranda MP Eleni Petinos, include:
- Aquinas Holy Family Colts Junior Rugby League Club: $5000, portable shelter and shade.
- Sylvania Heights Netball Club: $2495, equipment and umpire training.
- Sylvania Bowling Club: $2300, bowling green renovation.
- Sylvania Junior Rugby: $5000, uniforms.
- Kareela Golf and Social Club: $6830, artificial turf upgrade.
- Sutherland Shire Netball Association: $6375, uniforms and coach training.
- St George Rowing Club: $5000, gym equipment.
Grants totalling $50,000 are made to each electorate under the state government’s Local Sport Grant Program.
The program aims to increase regular and on-going participation opportunities in sport and active recreation.