Eight schools in St George and Sutherland Shire are among more than 100 throughout the state to receive additional flashing lights in a new round of installations.
Roads Minister Melinda Pavey made the announcement with Miranda MP Eleni Petinos at Taren Point Public School.
Ms Pavey said the new lights were in addition to those installed since January at 400 schools.
“The $5 million program, which will be completed in July, is running on time and under budget allowing for the installation of these extra lights at 104 schools across the state,” she said.
All schools throughout the state have at least one set of flashing lights, and additional lights are gradually being installed at schools with multiple, busy entrances.
The schools to get additional lights, and the streets in which they will be located, include:
- Sans Souci Public School (The Boulevarde).
- Carlton South Public School (Ecole Street).
- Oatley Public School (Letitia Street).
- St Raphael's Primary, Hurstville South (George Street).
- Connells Point Public School (Riverview Avenue / Terry Street).
- De La Salle College (Caringbah) / Our Lady of Fatima School (Burns Lane).
- Taren Point Public School (Holt Road / Toorak Road).
- St Joseph's Primary School, Como-Oyster Bay (Samuels Crescent).