Police have taken out an interim apprehended domestic violence order against former Olympic champion Michael Diamond to protect his wife, Cathy.
Diamond, 45, a trap gold medallist at the Atlanta and Sydney Olympics, was ruled ineligible for the Australian team for last year's Rio Olympics after he was charged with firearms and drink-driving offences.
He has challenged a subsequent 10-year ban on having a gun licencein an effort to return to the international shooting circuit.
However, his latest brush with the law threatens to leave his career in tatters once and for all.
In May, he was found guilty of several offences including being in possession of a firearm while intoxicated.
The magistrate, Caleb Franklin, then issued Diamond with a good behaviour bond and warned him that, if he reoffended, he could be sent to jail.
Under the AVO application, Diamond has been ordered not to assault, threaten, stalk, harass or intimidate his wife nor intentionally or recklessly destroy or damage any of her property.
He was also ordered not to approach her for at least 12 hours after drinking alcohol or taking illicit drugs.
Diamond was not in court on Monday when the order was made and the matter is listed again for Raymond Terrace Local Court near Newcastle on Tuesday.
Asked whether he would contest the AVO, Diamond said on Monday: "None of your business, mate."
Diamond, the sport's most decorated performer, had fronted the board of the Australian Olympic Committee last year in an ultimately unsuccessful bid to be cleared for Rio and become only the second Australian to compete in seven Olympics.
His sport's governing body, Shooting Australia, decided not to nominate him but, in May, vowed to stand by him after his conviction.
"We will not turn our backs on someone who has been such a great servant of our sport and our country in the past," a Shooting Australia spokesman said at the time.