Beverly Hills man, 55, charged over making sex moves on '14-year-old boy'

A man, 55, was charged with procuring a child online for sex after a Beverly Hills home was searched.

Detectives from the Sex Crimes Squad’s child exploitation internet unit, under Strike Force Trawler, began engaging online with the man last month.

Police said they would allege in court the man believed he was speaking to a boy, 14, and engaged in sexually-explicit conversations and made arrangements to meet.

“Following extensive investigations, Strike Force Trawler investigators arrested a 55-year-old man at Westmead, just after 3pm on Tuesday,” a police spokesman said.

“Shortly after the arrest, detectives executed a search warrant at a home at Beverly Hills, where they seized computers and electronic storage devices.

“The man was taken to Parramatta Police Station and charged with use carriage service to procure persons under 16 years for sexual activity.

“He was refused bail to appear at Parramatta Local Court on Wednesday.

“Inquiries are continuing.

“Regular covert online investigations are conducted by the CEIU, and police in NSW work closely with their law-enforcement colleagues both interstate and overseas.”

Anyone with information about internet predators should call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page: nsw.crimestoppers.com.au.

Police say information will be treated in the strictest of confidence.