To celebrate the Lunar New Year, Westfield Hurstville is hosting a range of festive activities from Lion Dancers and kid’s craft, to unique cultural performances throughout the centre over February – March.
There will also be traditional experiences available throughout the Lunar New Year period, including workshops by celebrity Chef, Sarah Tiong.
Some of the activities on offer include:
- Have your Chinese name beautifully written on a rice paper bookmark anytime between noon and 3pm on Friday, February 16.
- Various immersive dance performances will take place in-centre to commemorate the Year of the Dog. These will occur daily in Centre Court between 3.30pm and 4.30pm from Friday, February 16 to Sunday, February 18.
God of Fortune Appearance
- Westfield Hurstville’s God of Fortune will be in-centre, blessing customers with good health and wealth for the year ahead. This will be throughout the centre from 1pm to 3pm each day from Friday, February 16 to – Sunday, February 18. For those customers who want to know a little more about their future, there will be a fortune teller available from 11am to 2pm on February 18 in Centre Court.
- Watch as an incredible Lion Dance troupe usher in good luck for the new year at 3pm each day from Saturday, February 17 to Sunday, February 18 in Centre Court.
Festive Food Masterclass with Sarah Tiong
- Masterchef’s Sarah Tiong is coming in-centre to showcase how to prepare simple festive favourites, with a twist. The masterclasses will run at 9.30am and 11am in Lilong, Level 4 on Saturday, February 17.
- Customers can enjoy the beautiful vocals of the Carlton Methodist Church Choir from 11.30am on Saturday, February 17 and Saturday, February 24 in Centre Court. There will also be an amazing traditional harp performance on the rooftop from 5pm to 8pm on Friday, March 2. During the harp performances, there will also be a free lantern party to bring in the final day of Lunar New Year celebrations.
Fruit and Vegetable Carving Display
- Customers can be amazed by a display of fresh produce carving, themed in the Year of the Dog from 11am to 2pm on Sunday, February 25 on ground floor.
For the kids
- There will be craft workshops where they can create decorations to take home, between 11am and 2pm, every Monday and Saturday from this weekend until February 24. There will also be dog awareness and interaction workshops for kids from 11am to 2pm on Monday, February 19 and Saturday, February 24 on the rooftop.