Your new company
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group and has operations across Australia and New Zealand. Hays are committed to creating meaningful, mutually beneficial and sustainable relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. We are recruiting a newly created position as an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Engagement Specialist.
Your new role
The key purpose of this role is to drive forward the Hays Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Engagement Strategy. Your key focus will be engagement and liaison with internal and external stakeholders committed to achieving our overall strategy nationally, including our Reconciliation Action Plan, Indigenous Participation Plan, Indigenous employment policy and Indigenous procurement policy.
Working with the leading recruitment business in the region presents a unique opportunity to make a meaningful difference to reconciliation in Australia by directly influencing Hays’ aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander representation across 22,000 temporary staff and 1500+ internal employees and working with major corporations to expand their contribution to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing cultural support and advice to managers and employees and coordinating cultural initiatives and operations
- Being a key liaison point for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees
- Driving the commitments of our Indigenous Participation plan to deliver 3% employment and procurement commitment
- Champion the Hays RAP and develop and manage biennial RAP action plans Identify and provide opportunities for cultural activities and learning opportunities, and implement Hays representation and participation in key cultural event
- Supporting our contracted clients with our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander commitments
- Implement cultural awareness programmes designed to establish a culture of understanding and commitment to reconciliation
- Work with People and Culture teams to implement Aboriginal Employment Strategies and equip leadership teams with the skills to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people through early induction experiences and beyond
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience working with and a knowledge of Australia’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, heritage and culture and an understanding of the contemporary issues impacting these communities. You will have experience working to identify and tailor achievement of socio-cultural targets and projects and experience in policy writing, business writing and reporting. You will have strong interpersonal skills, personal integrity and high commitment to the achievement and progression of reconciliation.
What you'll get in return
This is a unique opportunity for someone to take on an exciting role within our People and Culture Team. You will receive a competitive salary package and will be based out of our Sydney CBD office. Hays offer flexible and hybrid working, a commitment to your learning and development, and a wide range of additional benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. To get more information or have a confidential discussion you can contact Natalie Clark on email@example.com or 02 8226 9609
LHS 297508 #2589262