- Create insight-informed digital journalism to engage new audiences
- Be apart of an amazingly talented team with a ‘can do’ culture
- Work across News Corp’s incredible range of iconic brands
As we continue our drive to remain the most cutting-edge digital media company in Australia, News Corp is searching for outstanding writers and curators of content who have whip-smart news judgment, enjoy a fast-paced environment, and have the technical and content know-how to make our premium journalism reach a larger audience.
What’s the role?
- Authoring, planning, producing, publishing and distributing content across our platforms and publications, basing your decisions on audience insights and analytics. This is a vital part of our digital media strategy and key to driving a sustainable and growing audience - now and in the future.
- You will be required to connect to our Communities each and every day.
- A hands-on role, the Audience Editor needs to be a great writer, a platforms whizz and have a solid understanding of analytics and audience insights.
- The role will focus on breaking news and the short-term news cycle to identify daily audience growth opportunities.
- This role can be based in our Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane or Adelaide offices.
Who you are:
To be successful in this role you are a content consumption and distribution machine. You know what people care about because you’re amongst it, constantly trawling the web and analysing trends. You want to always be at the heart of what matters most to your audience - and be constantly hungry to find way to engage new audiences through brilliant content.
- You have around 3+ years experience as a journalist and have previously worked in a digital newsroom environment.
- Create and curate compelling and engaging content through your strong writing and quick news judgment
- Identify SEO content issues and action solutions
- Change tone, voice and writing style depending on the target brand
- Identify the key issues of the day by analysing audience data, and then find or create content to package across brands and platforms to meet that audience need
- Collaborate with all levels of a newsroom - from junior reporters to senior editors, photographers and videographers.
- Excellent planning and scheduling skills to stay afloat in a busy, “always on” news cycle
- Write captivating headlines
- Digital media doesn’t scare or slow you down. It accelerates you. You’re a great team player, supporting your teammates and ‘jump in’ to get things done.
What’s in it for you?
- Attractive remuneration package
- An opportunity to innovate, challenge the norm and pioneer the way forward
- A truly collaborative environment
- Variety of work where no two days are the same
- Work with some of Australia's most recognised and prestigious brands
- Make a difference as part of Australia’s most influential media organisation
Who are we?
We are Australia’s number one and most influential media organisation with more than 150 prestige brands across news, sport and lifestyle. Each month more than 17 million Australians choose to consume news and information from our digital and print products – more than any other media group in Australia.
Apply now or for more information on careers at News Corp Australia visit www.newscorpaustralia.com/careers
Diversity strengthens our national teams and newsroom as we seek to tell stories that represent the communities of Australia. Our people make us unique, and so we are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or gender identity. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply!