Service Person Driver - Casual
- Largest family-owned equipment hire company | Ongoing training & development
- Uniforms & PPE provided | Annual Awards Program | Current Drivers Licence a must
- Must be able to work weekends | Plenty of hours available during the week
- No experience required - Full training provided | Street parking available
- $29.34 per hour | Fortnightly Pay
About the role
As the Kennards Hire representative the Service Person Driver (SPD) is the critical link between a Kennards Hire branch, our customers and their projects, big or small. You'll be in charge of everything that makes our customers' job easy; expert advice, pickups, deliveries and making sure our equipment is ready for hire.
This role requires you to;
- Instruct and demonstrate to customers on how to safely use our equipment.
- As the Driver, perform pickup and delivery of equipment from customer sites, which includes safely loading and unloading of equipment
- Provide exceptional customer service in all customer interactions
- Maintain the high standard and quality of equipment through regular servicing and minor repairs.
- Perform cleaning of branch facilities and maintenance of equipment as required
- Perform equipment 'check in' and 'check out' inspections
- Successful applicants have come from various backgrounds such as; Customer service, building & construction, hospitality, retail, driver, landscaping, trade & maintenance.
- A current driver's licence
- The availability to work weekends and some day/s during the week (when rostered)
- This role requires some physical components including lifting and standing on your feet for long periods. A level of physical fitness is required and the ability to pass a drug test
- Strong communication skills
- Be proactive and keen to learn new skills
- An interest in machinery and equipment, although training will be provided
- A positive attitude and team player
- A COVID-19 vaccination is preferred for this role as Kennards Hire operates as part of the construction industry in SA and our customer sites may require this.
Why join the family
- We are Australia and New Zealand's largest family-owned equipment hire company
- We are a great place to work certified employer offering a great company and team culture no matter where you work
- Our values are at the heart of everything we do; One Family, Fair Dinkum, Taking Hire Higher & Every Customer a Raving Fan
- We offer great Benefits & Rewards such as;
- Extensive training and development throughout your career with us
- Career progression and internal transfer opportunities - across state and international borders
- Staff discount rates on our hire gear
- Access to our employee benefits program including discounts on insurance, eye care, travel and more!
- Annual Awards night, Team BBQs and many other fun social events
Please note: Background/Police Checks will be carried out as part of the recruitment process
Simply hit the Apply Now button and we look forward to talking with you!