Your new company
Your new company offers capability in through-life support, logistics, systems integration and security. Operating from sites across the country in support of Defence and security, this company has an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join their team based in Cairns on a 10-month contract to assist with the completion of one of their major projects.
Your new role
In your new role as Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for providing commercial guidance and direction to the line of business, bid and project teams, including direct management of significant commercial issues and leading commercial negotiations.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Managing commercial and contractual terms and conditions
- Managing relationships with internal / external customers & cross business / functional requirements
- Providing guidance to the business and projects on compliance with contract, corporate Australian government, and foreign government requirements for management of Intellectual Property, controlled technology, confidential information, and classified data.
- Attending and contributing to Phase Reviews, Bid Approval Reviews and Contract Status Reviews.
- Identifying and managing commercial risks and liabilities, develop cost-effective means of managing those risks and implement appropriate mitigation measures.
- Dealing with issues of foreign exchange, escalation, payment arrangements, guarantees and insurance.
- Preparing negotiating strategies and lead negotiating teams on commercial issues
- Preparing and delivering Commercial Management Plan(s) for line of business/project
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role you will ideally possess previous experience as a Commercial Manager in the Defence Industry. You will also possess:
- Analytical and problem-solving skills essential
- The ability to motivate individuals and teams across a number of business areas, to shape and implement business requirements
- The ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements, with appropriate stakeholder management
- The ability to negotiate with and influence internal and/or external stakeholders in a way which generates business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships
- The ability to use and adapt written and verbal communication skills to suit a variety of difference audiences is critical to this role
- Intermediate MS Office skills, especially in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Please note Australian Citizenship is essential for this position as you will be required to have a Baseline security clearance, or the ability to obtain one.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will be offered a 10-month contract role working on an exciting Defence project in Cairns and will be key in being a part of the team. To jump on-board with this excellent company, apply today!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Madison.email@example.com. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2613188