- 9 day fortnight - every second Monday off!
- Work at home on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
About Our Client
This company is a global leader in the entertainment industry. As a data and technology driven business, they are renowned for utilising the latest technologies to create great products, while maintaining a code of ethics and responsibility.
Joining a team of 6 experienced Data Engineers/Senior Data Engineers, you'll provide specialist expertise in the design, implementation and support of data enterprise assets.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Build solutions in AWS and Snowflake cloud platforms.
- Data Warehouse Development (Design, Dimensional Modelling, Loading, Data Quality, Maintenance & Support)
- Continuously develop and maintain the ETL framework to drive all data movements in and out of the Data Warehouse system.
- Collaborate with business owners, data stewards and other team members to design and maintain solutions that are fit for purpose, scalable, elegant, and integrate effectively with internal and external data systems.
- Develop tools and scripts for data integration into the Data Warehouse / Data marts from heterogenous source systems.
- Provide design input and implementation of data quality initiatives in the Data Warehouse and associated systems.
- Develop tools and scripts to automate data validation processes.
- Ensure operational availability of accurate and timely data from the Data Warehouse in line with business requirements.
The Successful Applicant
Skills and experience required for the role:
- Inquisitive and insightful nature, with a passion for data engineering and analytics, and data driven decision making.
- Enthusiasm for working as part of a team to create excellent data solutions in line with requirements.
- Ability to bring in new ideas around process improvements, improving documentation etc.
- Proven track record in providing design input and delivering BI Solutions.
- Solid experience as Data Engineer in a SQL Server environment (or similar).
- Strong experience and knowledge of ELT/ETL development, OLAP design and database performance tuning.
- Experience building data pipelines (ideally near real-time) in Snowflake, Matillion, or SQL Server.
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehouse (Kimball) and BI Architecture and principles.
Nice-to-haves (beneficial, but not essential):
- Experience with Snowflake, and ideally Matillion.
- Experience with AWS suite of data tools and functions.
- Knowledge of Inmon and Data Vault methodologies.
What's on Offer
You will enjoy outstanding employee benefits, including:
- Work 9 days per fortnight - every other Monday is a free day off and this will not impact your salary.
- Work from home on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- Paid parental leave
- Heavily subsidised gym memberships and paid for health and wellness services.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Support and access to a range of learning and development programs via Udemy, Oracle Learn, and others.
- Access to free and discounted tickets to various sporting and entertainment events.
- Fully stocked fridge and pantry, weekly staff/team lunches, and Friday afternoon beers.
- On site barista and beer tap - free coffee and beer!
- Annual bonus, paid in line with the team achieving set and agreed objectives.