Our name isn’t the only thing that’s unique about Leidos Australia. We’re a complex systems integration company building world-class solutions across government and defence that ensure peace of mind for the entire nation. Supported by global backing from our US network, we’re trusted by our customers to deliver the most innovative, effective, efficient and sustainable answers to their most complex challenges. Seriously interesting work that benefits and safeguards every Australian – that’s where you come in.
We have an opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer to support a multi-year Defence program to deliver an enterprise Health Knowledge Management System. This capability will enable better clinical decision making for the ADF and providing market leading healthcare to ADF personnel.
In joining the team you will be an active contributor to the projects overall success. You will work closely with and participate in design and implementation reviews with the security, engineering and development teams to ensure the system infrastructure components meet requirements.
Working in a cross-functional team, leading in the area of software and system release packaging activities during delivery you will contribute to a successful program by:
- Following or devising new approaches to package and test deployment of packaged COTS products, and deploy to AWS and Defence environments.
- Automating build and deployment of COTS products in AWS and bespoke Defence environments.
- Maintaining Software and Release baseline version control in source code and image repositories.
- Preparing System Release documentation such as installation instructions, release notes, software version description.
- Performing system administration duties such as environment configuration, network configuration, software and O/S patching.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving deployment and environment issues.
- Driving and/or contributing to release process improvements.
- Potentially contributing to software coding, unit testing, and integration testing.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships across all levels.
- 5+ years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer, Release Engineer, Application Packaging Engineer, or Systems Administrator or Software Engineer majoring in software and system releases.
- Demonstrated experience in working with Software and System Releases in large scale projects.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding cloud and on premise environment configuration settings.
- Hand on experience with the following technologies:
- Linux (RHEL), Kubernetes, Rancher, Terraform, Helm chart, AWS, Git, Artifactory, CI/CD pipeline,
- Qualifications in, or demonstrated experience of development within a systems engineering lifecycle environment and standard Agile methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter; demonstrates initiative and can take accountability to deliver on-time outcomes.
- Baseline cleared (NV1 preferred), or willing to obtain and maintain Defence Security Clearance.
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs and SOAP-based Web Services.
- Knowledge in Object Oriented languages, e.g. Java.
- Experience and knowledge in Health Industry.
What you'll love
At Leidos, we support your career development and have a strong track record of internal promotion. We have a highly flexible workplace culture and work life balance is respected and encouraged. Our benefits include 12 weeks' paid leave for primary careers, novated leasing, an RDO program and health insurance discount.
Applicants may also need to meet International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) requirements. In certain circumstances this can place limitations on persons who hold dual nationality, permanent residency or are former nationals of certain countries as per ITAR 126.1.
I'm interestedI'm interested