Your new company
Our client is a proud Australian supplier in the growing Western Australian Defence industry. Following continuous project wins and future growth plans, they are now seeking to expand their team in Perth with an Electronics Technician
Your new role
As an Electronics Technician you will report directly into the WA Branch Manager. You will play an integral part in the success and growth of this growing organisation and support the broader capability of the business. You will be responsible for the fault finding, rectification and overall testing of communications and radar sub systems.
You will work with a close-knit team of technicians with a supportive environment to foster and develop your skills to become an integral part of the team. You will be exposed to a variety of key defence projects working in the workshop, but predominantly out 'in field' at Garden island. As an Electronics Technician you general duties will be as follows;
- Lead in planning, facilitating, and implementing repairs to Platform Urgent Defects with critical deadlines
- Perform onboard and offboard system defects rectification and maintenance activities as well as verification and validation of installed system performance.
- Perform in the implementation of software, firmware, and hardware updates to operational and inventory equipment’s whilst managing system configuration baselines.
- Complete paperwork
- Investigate and repair defective equipment
- Overseas and interstate work on an ad hoc basis
- Work at the Henderson workshop and at Garden island
What you'll need to succeed
As an Electronics Technician you will need the following:
- Cert III in Electronics or similar
- Strong communication skills
- UHF / Radar experience
- Ability to understand and interpret schematic drawings
- Commitment to work health and safety
- Australian citizenship is required for clearance
- Eligible and willingness to hold Australian Defence Security clearance
What you'll get in return
This Electronic Technician role will provide you with a permanent role with an excellent medium sized Australian owned defence company. You will have the opportunity to join a progressive and forward-thinking supplier the Defence industry while they go through an exciting expansion period.
- Salary $80,000 - $110,000 dependent on experience
- Monday to Friday (40 hour week)
- Paid overtime available
- Mobile phone, laptop and uniform provided
- Opportunity to partake in field trials aboard submarines and ships
- Opportunity to travel overseas and interstate for work
- Great team environment who regularly socialise together
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact Caity Lumbus for an informal chat on firstname.lastname@example.org or 09 8226 5766. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2595284