Here at Amazon we are looking to hire an experienced Maintenance Technician to join the team at one of our Fulfillment Centers (FC) in Brisbane for Day Shift.
Purpose of the Job:
The focus of the Maintenance Technician role is to ensure safety regulations and policies are adhered to, to ensure preventative maintenance is conducted on time to a high standard and to provide high levels of equipment availability through continuous improvement.
- Put health & safety best practices first in all work carried out.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance on the full range of equipment within the site.
- React quickly to breakdowns, communicate clearly with affected parties and work efficiently to fix the issue.
- Support continuous improvement by learning from breakdowns and sending feedback and suggestions for improvements through the line manager.
- Provide high levels of equipment availability to our internal customers.
- Support and learn from Senior Maintenance Technicians.
- Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines
- Formal trade qualification as Fitter/Turner with REL (D-Class), or
- A-Class Electrical including hands-on experience in a maintenance focused role,
- Experience of planned preventative maintenance systems
- Experience fault finding within MHE/Automation systems
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings
- Basic workshop skills
- Experience of conveyor maintenance, motor controllers/inverters
- Experience of working to appropriate health & safety standards and regulations
- Experience of contractor management
- Experience of high voltage switching
- Experience of sortation machines
- Experience of maintaining/configuring bar code scanners
- Experience of print and apply machines
Please note Amazon does not sponsor for immigration for this role.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.