West Wyalong NSW 2671
- Above Award Wages
- Opportunity to work within a great team culture
- Excellent career growth opportunities
- Progressive family owned company that is flexible to your needs
Bernardi's are looking for a bright, bubbly and helpful POINT OF SALE MANAGER for our Supermarket.
ABOUT THE ROLE....
The POS Manager must ensure the smooth running of the back office which includes such duties as product maintenance, the stores ticketing system ensuring all tickets are accurate and up to date at all times, the accurate processing of stores inventory system including receiving and processing of invoices, ensuring order bins are up to date and maintaining the P&L excel file.
In this role you will be Responsible for:
- Maintain all budget information for all departments.
- Organise, monitor and ensure the correct ticketing of all products is undertaken for the store as required. This includes all promotional activities and all displays.
- The timely collecting and processing of store hosts accurately. (currently twice daily)
- Co-ordinate all emails/communications to correct departments and follow up as required.
- Daily Comms email to be distributed to relevant parties and have signed off and filed to ensure all tasks have been actioned.
- A thorough understanding of our stocktaking/automatic ordering system. This includes building automatic orders and advising staff of best practice when required.
- Maintenance of PLU links and dead stock reports in relation to inventory management.
- The management of entire stores invoices & inventory as below:
- Ensure every invoice has been signed & verified by relevant DM- Critical
- Understanding of the claims process to ensure inventory counts are accurate.
- The daily updating of all `Non CLICK` invoicing. (same day)
- Scan all Direct invoices to CLICK- ASAP (ideally every two hours max)
- Daily check of scanned invoices to determine which ones are finalised (on CLICK portal)
- Following above- the chasing up (with CLICK) of unfinalised invoices (must be finalised asap for auto ordering/stocktaking purposes) expectation is 24 hrs – max 48.
- The total responsibility of all outdated/overdue order bins and getting them finalised/updated. (get DMs to put their name on their bins)
- Record all invoices on excel P&L and handing to SM Monday morning complete and in order.
- Provide reports to Store Manager including:
- Special 1’s
- OFF report
- Negative QOH report - daily
- Waste & markdown reports – daily/weekly
- Sales report- daily/weekly
- Stock Adjustment reports – daily/weekly
- Maintain/record and /or co-ordinate the price verification and date checking system for the store
- Ensure the office is neat, tidy and kept in an organised manner so as to ensure optimum productivity.
- Identify problems or possible improvements in our activities, services or procedures
- Other duties as required
IS THIS YOU.....?
- Well presented
- Professional and Excellent communication skills with an extrovert persona
- Energetic and loves a fast paced enviroment
- Customer service focused
- Understanding of supermarket best practice
- Enthusiasm to work within a team environment
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK SKILL REQUIREMENTS - desired but not essential
- Certificate III in Business Administration
- Recent work experience within the Retail Sector
- Demonstrated excellence in written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and plan work to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated attention to detail & work accuracy
We are a dynamic family owned company operating independent supermarkets in the Central West and Riverina areas of New South Wales. With a focus on fresh food, our vision is to deliver an exceptional shopping experience for our customers through quality produce, everyday lower prices and by supporting local growers and businesses.
The Bernardi Group have been providing local residents of Country NSW with an independent grocery alternative since 1969, with the first store operating as a fruit market. Bernardi's now operate large format supermarkets and employ over 500 people in the Central west and Riverina.
HOW TO APPLY....
We are not currently asking for a resume from you. Simply complete your work history & education information on the application page. You are welcome to include any certificates or licences in the education section to assist us in assessing your suitability for this role. Shortlisted applicants may be requested to submit a resume at a later date.
This is the perfect opportunity to join a supportive team environment where the company rewards its employees by providing great working conditions, ongoing training and up-skilling to set you up in a career.
No recruitment agencies please