Your new company
Hays Recruitment are pleased to represent an established business that specialises in the design, construction, and support of Vessels with the recruitment of an experienced P6 Scheduler to join a In Service Support Department located in Cairns, QLD on a permanent and full-time basis to start immediately.
Your new role
Reporting to the Planning Manager, this key position will manage scheduling activities across three ISS sites, developing resource-based schedules for all sustainment related activities, whilst ensuring the critical path is clearly identified for management oversight.
Key objectives & responsibilities for the position include:
- Development of Integrated Schedules
- Maximise the P6 software so a single data set can be used to facilitate the management of work and subsequent reporting of the project
- Ensure schedule activities are appropriately linked and integrated, and data collated correctly to enable analysis for future optimisation
- Maintain current and baseline weekly schedules
- Monitor and analyse the project’s budget, performance, forecast, materials, constraints, and manning resources weekly
- Ensure the breakdown structure is intuitive, meets standards, is easily understood, and enables smooth and seamless workflow
- Maintain accurate material and subcontractor planning that ensures the correct material is available at the required time to the designated location
- Optimisation is undertaken to improve efficiency and effectiveness, as well as reduce direct cost and eliminate waste
- Identify, manage and work to mitigate any risk, and in turn identify opportunities for improvements and efficiencies
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll need to succeed
We are seeking a talented and passionate individual, who is committed to creating value and deliver a quality service with the required drive and resilience, along with the technical knowledge and experience. You will be versatile and be able to think quick on your feet, with the ability to hit the ground running.
Required skills, experience & attributes:
- Five plus years of experience within a similar scheduling role in ship repair or maintenance (preferred), ship building, complex manufacturing, or construction
- Certification in Primavera Courses 101 ,102 and 106P, as well as extensive use of P6 Software in your day-to-day work
- Open Plan Professional (OPP) experience is highly desirable, as is a background or experience in ship building and Defence/ASDEFCON
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders
- Strong time management and organisation skills, with the ability to prioritise effectively and work to deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- A keenness for pursuing continual improvements and contributing to innovation ideas and initiatives
- Results orientated, with the ability to think laterally and strategically when required
- An excellent attention to detail, with the ability to take ownership of tasks, and deliver high-quality and accurate work, with full appreciation of the risks
- Maintain an approachable, customer service focused demeanour, operating with a high-level of integrity and professionalism
What you'll get in return
This position will provide you the opportunity to learn, develop and further progress your career, whilst working alongside experienced, dedicated, and passionate industry professionals, in a collaborative, dynamic and outcome focused environment.
In return you will gain a permanent full-time contract with an organisation based in Cairns paying an attractive salary, 9-day fortnight, – you will work in a well-established, friendly, and supportive team.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ or for more information please contact Grace Dunn at Hays on 07 4049 2969 or email Grace.Dunn@hays.com.au
LHS 297508 #2665796