Your new company
As a well-respected and market leading Life Insurance and Financial services company that offer a high performing, work from home or hybrid workplace with an innovative and client focussed culture. The strategic priorities of the company are focused on ensuring the business is fit and sustainable for the future.
Your new role
The purpose of the role is to be a 2IC support to the Compliance Head for Regulatory Compliance, monitoring and implementing the Compliance Management Framework and to continually promote a culture of compliance. It requires close liaison with key stakeholders, working closely with business representatives and acting as an effective 2LOD in managing risks to the business.
- Keeping up to date with regulatory changes and assisting with the preparation of regulatory change updates to the business.
- Preparation of monthly compliance reporting.
- Maintenance, management and oversight of relevant compliance and risk registers.
- Assist with licence management including notification of licence changes, responsible manager/person appointments, regulatory filings, and renewals.
- Assist in the development and ongoing monitoring of Group Policies.
- Incident and Breach Management and chairing of the internal Incident Review Group and contributing to the Breach Review Committee.
- Work with stakeholders in the business to prepare and submit breach reports and updates to Regulators as required with ongoing monitoring and closure of incidents and breaches.
- Prepare and manage monthly incident and breach reporting.
- Registration of Delegations, Conflicts of Interest, Gifts and Entertainment (DCG) with ongoing monitoring, management and reporting.
- Assist in providing privacy advice and support to all business units, conduct privacy reviews and monitor compliance. Assist in completion of Privacy Impact Assessments.
- Provide training via VC with the broader business where appropriate and monitoring of mandatory compliance training completion.
- Engaging daily with the business in any compliance advice to promote and embed the compliance culture and collaborating with business units to support and solve regulatory matters.
What you'll need to succeed
- Tertiary qualification in finance, business, law or a relevant discipline. A legal background is desirable
- Able to interpret legislation especially around the Corporations Act but also some exposure to Insurance Contract Act, SIS Act or Life insurance Act would be desirable
- Understanding of Life Insurance industry and regulatory environment especially APRA
- Someone who is collaborative, work as a team and bring great passion and personality to the role supporting the business with Compliance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build a partnership relationship with the wider business stakeholders
What you'll get in return
Work as part of a small close-knit team in a market leading insurance company. The company adopt a very flexible working culture and can work from home any time. An excellent salary is on offer as well as higher super contributions and a bonus. Be part of a strong and supportive team culture with an inspiring and passionate leader.
What you need to do now
Please apply now, or email your CV to email@example.com or call on 02 8226 9752
LHS 297508 #2637516