Twenty four bus stops in Earlwood, Kingsgrove, Arncliffe, Rockdale and Kogarah will be removed under proposed changes to speed up services.
Other stops will be relocated under plans released by Roads and Maritime Services (RMS).
No Stopping zones will replace some bus stops, while others will be converted for parking.
The proposed changes affect routes 412 (Campsie to City via Earlwood), 422 (Kogarah to City via Rockdale) and 423 (Kingsgrove Depot to City via Earlwood).
On route 412, nine stops in Earlwood would be removed.
Eight stops between Arncliffe and Kogarah would be cut from route 422.
On route 423, seven stops would be cut at Earlwood, Kingsgrove, and Clempton Park.
RMS invited community comment on a review of environmental factors, which is on display until March 8.
A spokesman said the state government was making changes on five of Sydney’s busiest routes as part of the Bus Priority Infrastructure Program.
“We want the community to provide feedback on the changes which we hope will make it easier for buses to move in and out of bus stops, creating a more efficient journey for commuters,” he said.
“We’ve carefully considered bus stops near schools, aged care facilities and shopping centres to ensure access to these vital services are maintained.”
Data collected from Opal cards was used to calculate the number of passengers using bus stops.
Proposed changes on route 422, between Arncliffe and Kogarah, include:
- Princes Highway near Gertrude Street, Arncliffe (outbound)., Relocate about 150 metres north-east to opposite Woolworths. Wolli Creek.
- West Botany Street near Marsh Street, Arncliffe (both outbound and inbound). Remove.
- Bryant Street near Farr Street, Rockdale (outbound) Remove.
- Bryant Street near Lennox Street, Rockdale (inbound). Remove.
- Bryant Street near George Street, Rockdale (outbound). Remove.
- Bryant Street near Kent Street, Rockdale (inbound). Remove..
- Princes Highway near Chandler Street, Rockdale (outbound). Remove.
- Princes Highway near Harrow Road, Kogarah (inbound) Remove.
Comments, by route number, can be made by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
Letters can be mailed to: Bus Priority Infrastructure Program, PO Box 973, Parramatta CBD NSW 2124, by Wednesday March 8.
The review of environmental factors is available at: rms.nsw.gov.au/bpp