Add a twist to the traditional Christmas roast by embracing Australia’s seafood culture.
Breville share a recipe favourite by using the Breville Smart Oven Pro Convection Oven. Here’s how to cook a baked snapper with fennel and pistachio crust (serves 2-4):
1 medium snapper, 1 bunch dill, 1 bunch parsley, 1 bunch coriander, 2 fennel bulbs - thinly sliced with fronds removed and kept to one side, 2 punnets medley cherry tomatoes, 3 lemons, 3 shallots - roughly chopped, 1/3 cup pistachios, olive oil, sea salt, fresh black pepper.
- Stuff the cavity of the snapper with herbs and lemon.
- In a food processor blend the pistachios, fennels fronds and a dash of olive oil. Blend for 30 seconds until smooth (a few bigger bits are fine. The mixture should hold together, if it’s too dry drizzle more olive oil and blend again).
- Remove from blender and spread across top side of the fish.
- Place into oven, using the roast setting on high and turn the temperature to 180C, timing it for 35-45 minutes, then press start.
- Remove fish from oven (the fish should be tender and coming away from the bone when tested with the tip of a knife). The topping will become a hard crust. Now Serve and enjoy!
If you’d like to consider making your Christmas feast with Breville’s Smart Oven Pro check www.breville.com.au. (RRP: $349.95).