Forty small-scale infrastructure projects in St George have been funded by the state government’s 2017 Community Building Partnership program.
The program awards grants for projects that “deliver positive social, environmental and recreational outcomes and promote community participation, inclusion and cohesion”.
Each electorate is allocated $300,000.
Guidelines say incorporated not-for-profit organisations can seek the entire project cost as a grant, while favourable consideration is given to projects with contributions from their own or from other sources.
The 2017 program recipients include:
- 3Bridges Community. enhancing community space at Carss Park Community Centre, $15,711.
- Bexley Golf Club, further develop golf course pathways, $34,972.
- Cancercare Centre Building Fund. expansion of haematology day care centre at St George Hospital, $25,000.
- Carlton Public School P & C, infants playground COLA, $80,000.
- Catholic Parish of Our Lady Of Fatima Kingsgrove, Clune Centre kitchen refurbishment, $35,000.
- Chinese Australian Services Society, facilities maintenance, $8000.
- Hurstville Public School P & C, kindergarten playground upgrade $51,000.
- Kogarah Community Services, embracing the outdoors - community hub outside space upgrade, $10,000.
- Southern Sydney Synagogue, painting synagogue building, $20,000.
- St George Men's Shed, upgrade woodwork equipment, $8,617.
- Cancer Council NSW, refurbishment of Cancer Council information display at St George Hospital, $2700.
- Scouts Association, Beverly Hills Scout Hall, upgrade kitchen $9000.
- 3Bridges Community, Penshurst Community Kitchen makeover, $25,000.
- Chinese Australian Services Society, build up sensory garden, $18,000.
- Georges River Council, Boundary Reserve Playground – upgrade with solar lighting. $22,500.
- Hurstville South Public School P & C, playground equipment safety upgrade $40,000.
- Learning Links, construction of an accessible bathroom facility, $24,750.
- Lugarno Public School P & C, replacement of two shade sails, $8000.
- Narwee Public School P & C, library refurbishment, $20,000.
- Oatley West Public School P & C, outdoor learning expansions for our growing school, $66,341.
- Peakhurst High School P & C, GRC Peakhurst upgrade, performance lighting / sound in school hall to professional standards, $35,409.
- Riverwood Punchbowl Anglican Church, retractable shade structure and outdoor furniture, $14,000.
- Presbyterian Church Penshurst, air conditioning, $10,000.
- Scout Association, Kingsway Scout Hall, upgrade kitchen, $8000.
- Scouts Association, Peakhurst Scout Hall, emergency lighting, repair doors and windows, $8000.
- Anglican Property Trust, [unspecified church] disability and pram access ramp and doorway, $31,185.
- St David's Anglican Church, property community revitalisation project, $20,000.
- Sans Souci Baptist Church, refurbishment of church facilities, $35,000.
- Bardwell Valley Golf Club, path construction, $20,000.
- Bay City Care, Community FoodCare upgrade, $20,000.
- St Mark Coptic Orthodox Church, bathrooms refurbishment, $20,000.
- Greek Orthodox Church welfare centre, creating a healthy and safe environment, $12,000.
- Kyeemagh Infants Public School P & C, playground shade structure and softfall, $9470.
- Manly 16ft Skiff Sailing Club [amalgamated with St George Sailing Club], junior sailing rescue and coach boat $28,000.
- Rockdale Ilinden Soccer Club, refurbishment of amenities building $35,000.
- Scots FC, milling and returfing works, $25,000.
- St Andrews Anglican Church Sans Souci, community playground area, $14,000.
- St George Youth Services, printing and air conditioning equipment project to meet community needs. $15,345.
- St Marks Brighton-Le-Sands Preschool Kindergarten, playground awning replacement, $15,000.
(St George area)
- Beverly Hills North Public School P & C, inclusive playground, $10,000.