South Australian ice-cream company Golden North has recalled nine products after a customer reported finding small pieces of metal in an ice-cream.
Golden North said it alerted authorities immediately after being informed.
Golden North marketing director Trevor Pomery told Fairfax Media that the ice-cream was a Golden North 2-litre Vanilla, bought in South Australia.
The company told customers it was committed to "maintaining the highest possible standards of product quality".
The recall includes several labels that are made by the company such as Black & Gold, Foodland and Simple.
The lines are sold through Supa IGA, IGA and Foodland stores in NSW, Queensland, Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia; through Coles and Woolworths stores in South Australia and the Northern Territory; and through Drakes Foodmarkets in Queensland.
The company said it will investigate the issue further and is working with retailers across the country to remove the products from shelves.
Any affected products can be returned for a full refund.
South Australian Health director of food and controlled drugs, Fay Jenkins, said the recall was precautionary and there have been no reports of harm.
"Golden North is investigating the issue at its Laura production facility and is working with the regulator Dairysafe to address any issues," Dr Jenkins said on Friday.
"Metal fragments can be potentially dangerous and cause injury if ingested."
The following items have been recalled with best-before dates ranging from December 4 to December 14, 2019:???
- Black & Gold 5-litre Vanilla - best before December 4.
- Black & Gold 2-litre Chocolate Choc Chip - best before December 8 and 12.
- Country Style 5-litre Vanilla - best before December 7, 13 and 14.
- Country Style 5-litre Krazy Kolors - best before December 13.
- Foodland 4-litre Neapolitan - best before December 12.
- Golden North 2-litre Vanilla - best before December 5 and 8.
- Golden North 2-litre Honey - best before December 6.
- Simple 2-litre Vanilla - best before December 7.
- Simple 2-litre Neapolitan - best before December 7.
Customers seeking more information should call 1800 001 572.