Sutherland Shire Council has completed eight major infrastructure projects this financial year, with another three due to be finished over the next six weeks.
Five major projects are projected for the new financial year.
A report prepared by council staff said major projects were defined as $750,000 or more in total budget allocation for the year.
Projects that have already been completed and opened during the year include:
- Pump track at Barden Ridge.
- Scylla Bay Oval amenities building.
- Barden Ridge Park.
- Marang Parklands Hockey Centre at Greenhills.
- Woolooware Bay stage 6 shared cycle walk path.
Other projects scheduled to be completed before June 30 include:
- Sandy Point Rural Fire Service station – May.
- Ocean Grove Avenue Cronulla upgrade – June.
- Rawson Avenue stage 2 Sutherland cycle way and path works – June.
The report said projects “under consideration” for design and construction in 2018-19 included:
- Sutherland Leisure Centre water play area [work has already started].
- Old Ferry Road stage 2 Illawong.
- Sutherland Entertainment Centre major refurbishment.
- Cronulla Town Centre Masterplan (mall upgrade) stage 2.
- Cronulla Park access and frontage works associated with Surf Life Saving Club redevelopment.
In relation to the mall upgrade, the council is to receive a further report on funding options after earlier being advised by staff no funds were available.