NSW Fire and Rescue were called to a fire at Naji’s Charcoal Chicken and Kebab Cafe at Firth Street, Arncliffe this morning.
Three fire units from Kogarah and Marrickville responded after smoke was seen issuing from the premises around 10am this morning.
The found a fire broken out in the exhaust flue of the cafe.
Work to extinguish the blaze had to be suspended briefly because of live electrical wiring in the flue.
Firth Street was closed off and an aerial crane was used to extinguish the blaze. Firefighters were able to contain the blaze to a small area of the cafe within an hour.
The cafe has called in an electrician to restore the power.
No-one was reported to be injured in the incident.