For those hoping to stay away from the city for New Year’s Eve there are a number of alternatives closer to home.
Most licensed clubs in St George and Sutherland Shire will be screening the Sydney fireworks live on their big screens but if you want to catch the real thing here are two local options:
- Bayside Council’s New Year’s Eve family friendly fireworks at Lady Robinsons Beach will once again be lighting up the Botany Bay foreshore at 9pm on Monday, December 31. Best vantage points at Kyeemagh, Monterey and Ramsgate.
- Westfield Miranda will be a family-hub of entertainment and activity when it hosts its New Year’s Eve celebrations including the only free fireworks display in the Sutherland Shire at 9pm. The celebrations will include entertainment such as live music, sideshow games, carnival food and more. For the kids, there will be plenty of fun including live shows from Paw Patrol, Smurfs and Dora the Explorer and face painting.
If fireworks are not your thing here are a few possible alternatives to dance the night away
- The St George Motor Boat Club will hold a New Year’s Eve event which includes a glass of champagne on arrival, 3-course meal, 6 hour drinks package and music from Akkinga.
- Doltone House Sylvania Waters is hosting a Masquerade Party from 7pm until 1am. There is a five course set menu, drinks and entertainment. Kids welcome.
- Party the night away with Krazy Kat Party Band and bring in the new year at Club Cronulla! The club is also offering a $65 set menu.
- Bankstown Sports Club will present a 3-course dinner and live entertainment package in its Grand Ballroom. Jelly Bean Jam and Las Vegas inspired acts including show girls, an acrobatic duo will keep you entertained until the Sydney Harbour fireworks are shown on the big screen.
NYE Gig Guide
- New Years Eve with Macka: Miranda RSL, 8.30pm
- Marty Simpson: Tradies Helensburgh, 8pm
- Hancock Cafe: Brass Monkey Cronulla, 7pm
- New Years Eve Party: Sharks Leagues Club, 5pm
- Endless Beach Party: Club on East, 8.30pm
- Lonesome Train: Club Engadine, 9pm
- Hit Makers 4: Ramsgate RSL, 8pm
- Latin Power: St George Leagues Club, 9pm
- One Hit Wonders: Revesby Workers Club, 9pm
- The Jacks: Oatley Hotel, 8.30pm
- The Breakaways: Rowers on Cooks River, 7pm
- Akkinga: St George Motor Boat Club, 7pm
- Heroes from Heaven: Club Central Hurstville, 8.30pm
- Alan Barnes Band: South Hurstville RSL
- Keith Armitage: Hurstville RSL