Hundreds of thousands of holidaymakers will flock to the South Coast this Easter long weekend, creating major traffic congestion in some areas.
Roads and Maritime Services has collated data from the last two years which pinpoints traffic hotspots and certain times its expected to be heavy.
What to expect heading south:
- Traffic is expected to be heaviest heading south around the Albion Park area on Thursday afternoon and Good Friday, with delays of up to 20 minutes on top of the existing delays due to roadworks.
- Southbound traffic will be heavy around Nowra on Thursday afternoon, with delays of up to 35 minutes, and Friday for up to 20 minutes.
- Delays of around 10 minutes are expected southbound in Milton and Ulladulla and Batemans Bay on Good Friday.
What to expect heading north:
- Traffic is expected to be heavy on Easter Sunday and Monday at Albion Park with delays of between 15-20 minutes on top of existing delays due to roadworks.
- Delays of up to 30 minutes are expected in and around Nowra on Easter Monday.
- Easter Monday will be slow on much of the South Coast. Delays expected in Batemans Bay, Ulladulla and Milton of up to 20 minutes.