Revised plans pave way for decision on controversial Heathcote Hall proposal

Revised plans containing only minor changes have been submitted for the Heathcote Hall redevelopment.

The move paves the way for a decision finally to be made on the controversial proposal, which Heathcote East residents have been battling for two years.

Under the plans, the heritage building would be restored and 35 townhouses and 20 apartments in two blocks would be built within the grounds.

Residents Against Over Development spokesman Phil Smith said it was expected that, with the state election out of the way, the development application would be "rubber stamped".

"How this proposal can be given the go-ahead in a residential street next to the Royal National Park is beyond us,' he said.,

"And, yes, call us cynics but the new plans are received immediately after the state government has completed an extensive hazard reduction burn around Heathcote East.

"It is massive over development for a developer, state government and council who have no regard for its local community who have one entrance and exit over a tiny bridge and one which is surrounded on three sides by the Royal National Park."

Sutherland Shire Council will assess the new material before Sydney South Planning Panel makes a determination.

The panel requested additional information on June 28 last year when it deferred a decision.

The council has written to residents of Heathcote East advising the revised plans and supplementary information can be viewed on the council website.

"The overall building envelopes, height, layout, and dwelling composition remains the same," the council advised.

The council said the changes were "minor" and covered matters such as a amendment to balustrades on townhouses, identification of fire hydrant locations, parking adjustments, additional landscaping detail and information on materials and finishes.

All previous submissions would be taken into account as part of the council's assessment of the revised information, residents were told.

The council originally gave general support for the development plans as did Rural Fire Service, NSW Fire & Rescue, Local Emergency Management Committee and NSW Heritage Office.

The developer advised the council in the newly provided information that the Office of Environment and Heritage had assessed the building heights as being satisfactory.