When people flocked to cafes and playgrounds after last week's easing of coronavirus restrictions, a concerned Sutherland Shire doctor said, "I hope Freedom Friday doesn't end up as Covid Tuesday".
Six days later, he would be as pleased as everyone else the number of new cases remains low, although coronavirus takes up to 14 days to incubate.
The earlier easing of restrictions before Mother's Day clearly did not lead to a surge in cases.
However, the pressure remains for people to do the right thing with social distancing.
Since last Friday, there have been no new new cases in the shire and only 13 new cases throughout NSW.
In the last 24-hour recording period, up till 8pm on Wednesday, there were two cases in NSW, one involving a person from Melbourne and the other a school student at St Ignatius College, Riverview.
The number of new cases in NSW reported daily since last Friday reads: Saturday 3, Sunday 1, Monday 1, Tuesday 2, Wednesday 4 (all overseas travellers in mandatory quarantine) and Thursday 2.
The number of tests continue to be high, with 9737 in the last 24-hour recording period.
"Not a bad result," Premier Gladys Berejiklian said on Thursday morning.
"But, our ability to contain the spread depends on people, even with the mildest symptoms, keeping to come forward for testing.
"We are stressing to people to please maintain that social distance, no matter what you are doing outside the house.
"That is the new norm, that is how all of us will live.
"Make sure you keep the distance no matter how familiar you are with the surroundings, or with the people you are with.
"Unless you live with the people in your household, you have to maintain that distance.
Only two new cases have been recorded in the shire over the last three weeks - one in the Cronulla postcode area, the other in Sutherland postcode area.
A total of 115 cases have been recorded in the shire, with 110 of those who were infected recovering.
Health NSW data by postcode up until May 20:
- 2224 (Kangaroo Pt, Sylvania, Sylvania Southgate):Total cases: 7, recovered 7, tested 689.
- 2225 (Caravan Head, Oyster Bay): Total cases 5, recovered 4, tested 269.
- 2226 (Bonnet Bay, Jannali): Total cases 2, recovered 2, tested: 658.
- 2227 (Gymea, Gymea Bay): Total cases: 6, recovered 6, tested: 787.
- 2228 (Miranda, Yowie Bay): Total 5, recovered 4, tested: 1066,
- 2229 (Caringbah, Caringbah Sth): Total 15, recovered 15, tested: 1548
- 2230 (Bundeena, Burraneer, Cronulla): Total 24, recovered, 22, tested: 1577
- 2231 (Kurnell): Total 1, recovered 1, tested 99.
- 2232 (Kareela, Kirrawee, Grays Pt, Sutherland, Woronora, Loftus): Total 17, recovered 16, tested 1783.
- 2233 (Engadine, Heathcote, Waterfall): Total 13, recovered 13, tested 1565.
- 2234 (Menai, Bangor, Alfords Pt, Barden Ridge): Total 20, recovered 20. Tested: 1507.