An upgrade of cricket nets at Glenn McGrath Oval at Caringbah is among 29 grants announced for Sutherland Shire sporting clubs.
Other grants will help with a range of needs from goals and nets and coaching development to a PA system and subsidised uniforms and registration
The NSW Government's Local Sport Grant Program aims to increase regular and ongoing participation in sport and active recreation.
State MPs Mark Speakman (Cronulla), Eleni Petinos (Miranda) and Lee Evans (Heathcote) announced recipients for their electorates.
- Gymea Bay Cricket Club - Gymea Bay Oval net expansion, $15,000.
- Sutherland District Cricket Club - Upgrade of cricket nets Glenn McGrath Oval, $10,485.
- Cronulla Seagulls Football Club - Football goals upgrade for mini- roos matches, $5000.
- Cronulla Sutherland Baseball Club - Grand slam batting facility, $5000.
- Elouera Boardriders Club Cronulla - PA system, generator and competition accessories, $4000.
- St George Sutherland Women's Cricket Club - Uniforms for junior and senior players, $2970
- North Cronulla Junior Boardriders Club - Surfing development project, $2000.
- Southern Sydney Swim Team Swimming Club - Timing device system, $2000.
- Aquinas Holy Family Colts Junior Rugby League Club - $4385, storage upgrade.
- Cronulla Sharks Netball Club - $2000, coaching development.
- Georges River Football Club - $5000 for new goals and nets.
- Gymea Miranda Bowling Club - $1053 for new rink marker bins and numbers.
- Joeys Netball Club - $7000, subsidised registration, uniform fees and development training.
- Port Hacking Little Athletics Centre - $2000, field equipment upgrade.
- Southside Masters - $3000, automated timing system.
- Sutherland Shire Netball Association - $4750, training equipment and governance.
- Sylvania Bowling Club - $6000, new sun shade shelters.
- Taren Point Titans Junior Rugby League Football Club - $2000, website upgrade.
- Helensburgh-Stanwell Park Surf Life Saving Club - $5000, training boards for Nippers.
- St John Bosco Youth Centre Baseball & Softball Club - $5000, playing and safety equipment
- Helensburgh Netball Club - $2000, provision of first aid, coach development and umpire development courses.
- Engadine Dragons Cricket Club, $5664, Anzac Oval nets refurbishment.
- Engadine Eagles Netball Club - $2000, provision of development courses for coaches, umpires and players.
- Sutherland Leisure Centre Aquadot Swim Team - $2000, national squad tracksuits
- Sutherland Loftus United JRLFC - $5000, electronic scoreboard, wireless controls and mobile trolley.
- Engadine Swimming Club - $4900, equipment upgrade.
- St Patrick's Sports Club Sutherland - $3900, baseball pitching machine and training equipment.
- Helensburgh Horse & Pony Club - $2000, two portable PA systems.
- Sutherland District Basketball Association - $5000, floor scrubber for the court surfaces.