State Health Minister Brad Hazzard has called on the proprietors of small cafes and restaurants to lift their game over coronavirus hygiene measures.
Mr Hazzard also revealed he called a senior church official about parishioners not observing social distance and the need for churches to provide and encourage use of hand sanitiser.
Mr Hazzard was speaking at a news conference on Wednesday where he revealed 14 new cases of COVID-19 were diagnosed from 16,243 tests in NSW in the 24 hours to 8pm on Tuesday.
All new cases are returned travellers, who are in hotel quarantine.
Mr Hazzard said proprietors of small cafes and restaurants appeared to have heard but not absorbed hygiene messages.
He said there shouldn't be any common items such as salt and pepper shakers on tables, which, along with chairs, should be disinfected before new customers take the place.
Mr Hazzard said also had to call a senior church official last week to ask for more to be done to remind parishioners that, if they were not from the same household, they needed to exercise 1.5 metres social distance.
Places of worship also needed to have hand sanitiser available and worshippers should be reminded to use it, he said.
Mr Hazzard said, with the return of community sport, he would encourage both parents not to go to every game.
"Maybe one parent, one grandparent, but not everyone, because the less people on the sidelines the better," he said.
Mr Hazzard said July 1 was "a great day in NSW" with the further easing of restrictions, which had been made possible by by the "magnificent" response of residents.
Community sport is allowed and the limit on numbers in cafes, hotels, clubs, restaurants, places of worship and other venues is removed and replaced by the one person per four square metre rule.
The 1.5 metres social distancing rule also still needs to be observed.
Conference and function centres, theatres and cinemas are allowed to reopen and up to 10,000 people can attend sports stadiums.
"At this point, music festivals and nightclubs will not be opening," Mr Hazzard said.
Mr Hazzard warned against complacency.
"We are seeing what is happening across the border in Victoria and the message for all NSW residents is this COVID-19 pandemic is still very much a risk to us and we need to make sure if you have symptoms whatsoever, any cold like, flu like symptoms, please go and get tested," he said.
Mr Hazzard said NSW residents must not go to Melbourne hot spots.
If they did, they would need to go into isolation for 14 days on their return, and breaching that direction could bring a fine of $11,000 fine or six months' jail.
"Victorians from those hot spots are not welcome in NSW," he said.