Ten bus stops on major routes in Sutherland Shire and St George will be removed from August 17.
Passengers will be affected on roads such as Kingsway, Menai Road, Princes Highway, King Georges Road and Woniora Road.
Member for Miranda and Parliamentary Secretary for Transport and Roads Eleni Petinos said the changes were being made as part of the NSW Government's Bus Priority Infrastructure Program, "which aims to improve the reliability and efficiency of bus services while easing congestion for all road users".
"Some bus stops will be removed or combined to reduce the number of locations at which buses need to stop which will improve on-time running of bus services for our customers," she said.
"Additional work will also be carried out at some bus stops to improve accessibility for customers.
"We know many people with a disability rely on our buses as their primary source of transportation, so it is important we make improvements to help customers navigate bus stops easily."
Bus stop removals by location, with adjacent bus stops to be upgraded:
Miranda and Menai
- Kingsway before Sylvania Road at Miranda (northbound).
- Menai Road near Allison Crescent at Menai (southbound).
Sylvania and Blakehurst
- Princes Highway after Harley Street at Sylvania (southbound).
- Princes Highway opposite Lisbon Street at Sylvania (northbound).
- Princes Highway between Beach Street and Torrens Street at Blakehurst (southbound).
- Princes Highway between Hatfield St and Water Street at Blakehurst (northbound).
- Woniora Road at Culwulla Street (northbound).
- King Georges Road near Tavistock Road (southbound).
- King Georges Road opposite Cooleen Street (southbound).
- Georges Road at Cooleen Street (northbound).