Another coronavirus case has been diagnosed in Sutherland Shire in the last fortnight, taking the total number to five.
However, the Health Department has shown no special concern because the shire has been removed from the list of council areas where extra testing is urged.
The shire was added to the list after an infected person visited two Caringbah hotels on August 22. Alerts for people who visited the hotels on that day were removed two weeks ago.
The new case is in the Menai area - postcode 2234 - where there was an existing case.
There are also two active cases in the Caringbah area (postcode 2229), unrelated to the hotels, and one in the Miranda area (postcode 2228).
State-wide case figures remain low and the number of tests is again about 20,000 for the third day in a row after dipping below 10,000 for two days straight.
Five new cases were diagnosed from 20,411 tests in the 24 hours to 8pm on Wednesday.
They include two returned overseas travellers, who are in hotel quarantine, two locally acquired and linked to a known case or cluster and one locally acquired case in the Riverina, with the source under investigation.
SUTHERLAND SHIRE FIGURES
Sutherland Shire figures by postcode to September 15:
- 2224 (Sylvania, Sylvania Southgate, Kangaroo Point): Total cases 7. active 0, total tests 4360, population 14,213.
- 2225 (Caravan Head, Oyster Bay): Total cases 5, active 0, total tests 2155, population 5407.
- 2226 (Bonnet Bay, Jannali): Total cases 2, active 0, total tests 5245, population 12,504.
- 2227 (Gymea, Gymea Bay): Total cases: 6, active 0, total tests 5520, population 14,626.
- 2228 (Miranda, Yowie Bay): Total 7, active 1, total tests 6984, population 18,361.
- 2229 (Caringbah, Caringbah Sth): Total 21, active 2, total tests 10,716, population 28,718.
- 2230 (Cronulla, Burraneer, Bundeena): Total 28, active 0, total tests 10,051, population 28,843.
- 2231 (Kurnell): Total 1, active 0, total tests 762, population 2267.
- 2232 (Kareela, Kirrawee, Grays Pt, Sutherland, Woronora, Loftus): Total 19, active 0, total tests 13,211, population 32,870.
- 2233 (Engadine, Heathcote, Waterfall): Total 14, active 0, total tests 11,637, population 29,498.
- 2234 (Menai, Bangor, Alfords Pt, Barden Ridge): Total 23, active 2, total tests 10874, population 30,580.