OUTCOMES FROM NATIONAL CABINET
* NSW to take an extra 500 overseas returning passengers from September 27.
* Queensland and WA to take an extra 200 Australians returning from overseas from September 27.
* Queensland to lift its intake by a further 300 from October 4, with WA moving to the same position on October 11.
* Extra defence force personnel will help the states run hotel quarantine.
* Mandatory collection of information - such as name, email, mobile phone number and state of residences - to be rolled out for domestic air passengers from October 1.
* Boarding school students will be able to come home for the school holidays, under new medical advice.
* Rural and regional sub-committee was tasked to work on a jobs plan.
* Next national cabinet meeting is due to be held on October 16, after the federal budget.
Australian Associated Press