A 27-year-old woman who was allegedly in possession of a knife was arrested at Miranda last week as part of a police operation targeting knife crime and anti-social behaviour.
Police said the 27-year-old woman was arrested at a licenced premise on the Kingsway, Miranda, about 4.40pm last Thursday, June 17, after police allegedly located a knife and prohibited drugs in her possession.
She was charged with a number of offences and was refused bail to appear at Sutherland Local Court the following day.
NSW Police said more than 200 people were charged during the two-day proactive police operation across Sydney.
Operation Saber VI was conducted last Thursday and Friday and saw more than 700 police officers from 31 metropolitan police area commands deployed over the two nights. They were supported by specialist units including the Police Transport Command, Dog Unit, Traffic and Highway Patrol Command and Operation Support Group.
The operation focused on known hot spots, public spaces, licensed premises and transport hubs, with police tasked with identifying and disrupting anti-social and criminal behaviour.
Police charged 207 people with various offences, made 121 drug detections and seized 37 knives. They also issued more than 450 move-on directions, 326 transport infringement notices and more than 250 traffic infringement notices.
South West Metropolitan Region Commander, Assistant Commissioner Anthony Cooke said the purpose of the operation was to identify and prosecute those who illegally carry knives or weapons in public and crack down on anti-social behaviour.
The operation focused on known 'hot spots', public spaces, licensed premises and transport hubs - identifying and disrupting those involved in anti-social and criminal behaviours.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.