A man in his 20s from Sutherland Shire is among the 22 new cases of COVID-19 reported today.
The man, who is a close contact of a previously reported case, had been isolating while infectious, NSW Health said.
It is thought his infection could be related to a case reported yesterday - a woman in her 20s from Sutherland Shire, who was among the new cases of COVID-19 reported yesterday by NSW Chief Health Officer Dr Kerry Chant during a press conference.
She said the woman was a close contact of a previously reported case.
The case caused some confusion because a Sutherland Shire case had not been mentioned in figures released earlier that morning. The Leader sought to clarify the matter with NSW Health but has not received a response.
The Sutherland Shire man was among five new cases of COVID-19 reported to 8pm last night. An addtional 11 cases up to 8pm last night had already been reported to the media. A further 17 new cases which occurred after 8pm last night will be reported in tomorrow's figures.
There are now 65 cases linked to the Bondi cluster alone.
The overnight spike in cases led NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian to put for more Greater Sydney local government areas into a form of lockdown.
Anyone who lives or works in Sydney, Randwick, Waverley or Woollahra local government areas have been asked not to travel outside Sydney, or even leave their home, unless essential.
She also all extended existing restrictions which were meant to end next Wednesday for two more days.