More Scout groups in Sutherland Shire will benefit from a $7.75 million injection of funds into facilities on Crown Land as part of the state government's COVID-19 stimulus program.
State MPs Mark Speakman (Cronulla) and Lee Evans (Heathcote) announced the grants, which include:
- Lilli Pilli Scout Hall ($44,000) - replacement of leaking roof.
- 1st Grays Point Scout Hall ($33,000) - repairs to 50 year old steel uprights, deteriorated due to saltwater environment.
- Cronulla Water Activities Scout Centre ($22,000) - replacement of decayed boat ramp and skid.
- Woronora Scout Hall ($55,000) - replacement of leaking and decayed roof.
- Heathcote Training Centre ($140,000) - renovation of caretakers cottage.
- Heathcote Training Centre ($55,000) - renovation of warden's accommodation.
- Heathcote Training Centre ($22,000) - removal of asbestos ceiling in Gymea Lodge ablutions block.
- Heathcote Training Centre ($23,000) - replacement of decayed 60 year old assembly building awning.
- Heathcote Training Centre ($17,000) - renovation of assembly building kitchen.
- Heathcote Training Centre ($17,000) - replacement of feature wall in assembly building, damaged by termites. Repaint walls. Refurnish parquetry floor
- Camp Coutts, Waterfall ($175,000) - replacement of ceilings, restoration of warden's hut, new roof and other repairs.