VICTORIA'S SNAP SEVEN-DAY LOCKDOWN FROM 8PM THURSDAY:
* Five reasons to leave home: to shop for food or essential items, provide or receive care, exercise, work or study if unable to from home, and get vaccinated
* 5km travel limit for exercise and shopping
* No private or public gatherings
* Mandatory masks both indoors, except for homes, and outdoors
* Must work from home if possible
* Non-essential retail closed
* Supermarkets, bottle shops and pharmacies remain open
* Cafes and restaurants take-away only
* Schools move to remote learning for all but vulnerable children and kids of essential workers
* Child care and kinder stay open
* Up to 10 mourners at funerals, weddings banned unless for end of life or deportation reasons
* Hospital visits limited, only for permitted reasons
* Regional Victoria is also in lockdown due to a positive COVID-19 sewerage test in Wangaratta
* Vic/NSW cross-border residents can only enter Victoria without a permit for necessary goods, services, medical care, COVID-19 testing, caregiving, paid or voluntary work, education, sport, intimate partner visits, moving house, or driving someone who cannot drive themselves.
PREVIOUS VICTORIAN LOCKDOWNS
* Lockdown one: statewide, March 30 to June 1, 2020, 63 days
* Lockdown two: Melbourne, July 8 to October 27, 2020, 112 days; regional Victoria, August 6 to September 13, 2020, 38 days
* Lockdown three: statewide, February 12 to February 17, 2021, five days
* Lockdown four: Melbourne, May 27 to June 10, 2021, 14 days; regional Victoria, May 27 to June 3, 2021, seven days
* Lockdown five: statewide, July 15 to July 27, 2021, 12 days
* Lockdown six: statewide, August 5 to August 12, 2021, seven days.
HOW WE GOT HERE
* Victoria has been plunged into lockdown after recording two mystery COVID-19 cases in the community, with a total of eight cases on Thursday.
* One mystery case is an infected Al-Taqwa College teacher who has passed the virus to her partner and two family members.
* The second mystery case is a man in his 20s from the Maribyrnong area, who works at a warehouse in Derrimut. He and his housemate are now isolating.
CASES, CLOSE CONTACTS AND EXPOSURE SITES
* New locally-acquired cases: eight, including six previously announced on Thursday and two new cases that will be included in Friday's numbers.
* Unlinked cases: Two:
- Teacher at Al-Taqwa College. Her partner, a man who plays for Newport Football Club, has tested positive. The couple in their 20s lives in Hobsons Bay.
- A Maribyrnong man in his 20s who works at a factory in Derrimut
* Linked cases: Three
- All close contacts of the Moonee Valley testing site cluster
* Additional cases: Two
- Family members of the Hobsons Bay man
* New hotel quarantine cases: None
* Total active cases in state: 80
* Hospital admissions: seven including two in ICU, both on ventilators
* Exposure sites: more than 60
* Tests conducted (during 24-hour reporting period): 27,279
* Vaccinations at state-run sites (during 24-hour reporting period): 17,229
Full list of exposure sites available at https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/exposure-sites
Australian Associated Press