Man with severe burns from high voltage wires still in critical condition

A workman is still in a critical condition with severe burns to 70 per cent of his body after getting an electric shock on Thursday afternoon at South Hurstville.

The man, 49, is a window installer and made contact with high voltage wires on a residental unit construction site on King Georges Road.

WorkCover NSW is still investigating but said initial inquiries indicated he was installing a window on the fourth floor of the building when the window frame he was holding hit overhead power lines outside the building, causing the electric shock and burns.

A Hurstville fire station crew was called to the site about midday where they found the unconscious man on the upper level of a building.

He was treated by an ambulance crew and taken to Royal North Shore Hospital.

Comments