The father of a boy who is in Sutherland Hospital after an outbreak of food poisoning linked to a Miranda bakery said victims and their families were "very angry".
"They are going to have some things to say [to the owners]," Damian Sullivan, an Engadine building contractor said.
Mr Sullivan also disputed official figures on the number of people who had been struck down.
He said hospital staff had told him the number was close to 100, rather than 40 (see earlier story below).
Mr Sullivan said his son Cooper, 11, ate a chicken and salad roll from the bakery for lunch on Sunday.
"Cooper started feeling sick on Sunday night and., when we took him to the GP on Monday, he said, 'take him straight to hospital,' '' Mr Sullivan said.
"He is not well, and he will have to stay in hospital for at least another day."
Mr Sullivan said he and his daughter Tia, 5, had also eaten chicken and salad rolls from the bakery on Sunday, but had not yet become ill.
"We were told we could still get sick, because Salmonella can hit you anytime from 24-72 hours," he said.
About 40 people have been treated in Sutherland and St George Hospitals after an outbreak of Salmonella poisoning linked to a Miranda bakery.
Thirteen people were admitted, mostly to Sutherland Hospital.
NSW Food Authority officers closed Box Village Bakery, in Box Road, Miranda, as investigations continued.
Director of Public Health for the South Eastern Sydney Area Health Service, Professor Mark Ferson, said people started becoming sick on Friday.
The area health service and NSW Food Authority were notified.
Professor Ferson said Salmonella had been found in some samples of food, and the results of further tests were awaited.
A father, who took his son, 11, to Sutherland Hospital on Monday after the boy became ill, said it was "littered with patients" suffering the effects of food poisoning.
"The doctor who treated my son stated they have had 90 cases from the bakery since Saturday," he said.
"I was in a room with six others who had all eaten chicken from the bakery."