Four more Community Building Partnership grants in Cronulla electorate, which were inadvertently omitted from the initial report, have been added.
They are to St Philip’s Anglican Church, Caringbah, Sunnyfield Caringbah, Gymea Anglican Church and Woolooware High School P&C.
The list below has been updated.
More than 50 groups in Sutherland Shire have been awarded grants for small-scale infrastructure works in the state government’s 2017 Community Building Partnership program.
The program awards grants forprojects that “deliver positive social, environmental and recreational outcomes and promote community participation, inclusion and cohesion”.
Guidelines say incorporated not-for-profit organisations can seek the entire project cost as a grant, while favourable consideration is given to projects with contributions from their own or from other sources.
The 2017 program recipients include:
- Cronulla South Public School P&C, upgrade school library, $50,000.
- Caringbah Baptist Church, pedestrian access upgrade, $29,000.
- Caringbah Public School P&C, uniform shop and playground upgrades, $22,000.
- Port Hacking Open Sailing Club, upgrades to rigging area and pontoon, $21,000.
- Cronulla Public School P&C, upgrade school multi-purpose court, $20,000.
- Volunteer Marine Rescue NSW Hungry Point Cronulla, security upgrade to safeguard rescue and boating safety education equipment, $20,000.
- Civic Disability Services, accessibility upgrades to short stay centre, $16,500.
- Lilli Pilli Public School P&C, refurbishment of school playground, $15,000.
- Woolooware Public School P&C, upgrades to school outdoor area, $15,000.
- Jacaranda Preschool, upgrade to disability access, $15,000.
- Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Primary School Caringbah, ifants play and learning zone and prayer space) $12,000.
- St Andrew’s Anglican Church Cronulla, installation of fire and security doors in hall, $11,000.
- Kirrawee High School P&C, upgrade outdoor learning space $10,000.
- Scouts Association, Yowie Bay, Alcheringa Scout hall roof upgrade, $10,000.
- Scouts Association, 2nd Gymea scout hall kitchen upgrade, $8,500.
- St Philip’s Anglican Church, Caringbah, community garden and dishwasher upgrade, $7000.
- Sunnyfield Caringbah, sensory room for children’s respite service, $7,000.
- Gymea Anglican Church, new roof for Thompson Hall, $6000.
- Woolooware High School P&C, replacement of shade sails, $5,000.
- Helensburgh Anglican Church hall, $7000.
- Bangor Public School P & C, outdoor multi-purpose multi-sensory learning hub, $28,000.
- Bundeena Mens Shed, wood and metal working machinery, $14,442.
- Christian Education Centre Sutherland, shade covering for playground, $10,000.
- Club Waratah, erection of netting between Lincoln oval and cycling track, Sutherland, $30,000.
- Heathcote East Public School P & C, library / community Space refurbishment, $30,000.
- Heathcote Engadine Australian Football Club, clubhouse upgrade and creation of outdoor area, $11,550.
- Inaburra Preschool, playground repair and accessibility upgrade to promote inclusion, $20,000.
- Marton Public School P&C, indigenous themed sensory footpath and learning area, $7,397.
- Shirelive, kitchen & cafe Area, $25,000.
- St John Bosco Youth Centre Junior Rugby League Club, electronic scoreboard with combined game timer and trolley,$13,320.
- Sutherland Bowling & Recreaction Club, switch board upgrade, $10,000.
- Sutherland District Basketball Association, sound system upgrade, $18,518.
- Scouts Association, Heathcote Scout Camp, termite repairs to Wardens Hut, $14,000.
- Scouts Association, 1st Engadine Scout Hall, repair doors, windows and floor, $15,000.
- United Protestant Association, repairs to Hillcrest House community centre at Stanwell Park, $25,773.
- Wollongong City Council, outdoor fitness equipment Helensburgh, $20,000.
- Aquinas and Holy Family Colts Junior Rugby League Club, The Training Room, $19,440.
- Catholic Parish of Gymea, construct and landscape sandstone garden bed beautifying barren area, $23,000.
- Como Preschool Kindergarten, preschool refurbishment of building and gardens, $12,600.
- Greek Orthodox Church, community hall flooring upgrade, $25,000.
- Jannali Public School P & C, playground replacement, $30,000.
- Kareela Public School P & C, resurfacing of basketball court and surrounds, $30,000.
- Menai High School P & C, school shade program $25,000.
- Sutherland District Hockey Club, replacement of the synthetic multi-sports surface, $25,000.00.
- Sylvanvale Foundation Mikarie Child Care Centre, accessibility improvements, $30,960.
- Taren Point Public School P & C, install outdoor sensory equipment in multi-purpose learning space, $11,000.
- Tharawal Primary School P & C, playground upgrade $30,000.
- The Point Pre School, air conditioning, $13,000.
- Scout Association, 1st Oyster Bay Scout Hall, repairs to rear annex $15,000.
(Sutherland Shire grants)
- llawong Athletics, container to expand and safely secure athletics equipment storage, $6,523.
- Jenko Sutherland Shire Pony Club, boundary fence replacement, $28,700.
- Menai Bushfire Brigade Station, community notice board, $5,000.
- The Sutherland Shire Christian School Association, renovation of shire prep playground, $25,000.