Double success for St George, Sutherland Shire football association clubs at 2019 Football NSW Champion of Champions tournament

St George and Sutherland Shire football association teams dominated the 2019 Champion of Champions tournament on Sunday, winning four of the seven finals their clubs contested.

Football NSW held the 51st edition of the prestigious tournament with 19 finals played at Valentine Sports Park, Glenwood.

More than 300 teams had taken part in Football NSW's prestigious knockout tournament, with more than 5000 players battling it out in the hope of landing a spot in Sunday's finals.

St George and Sutherland Shire football association clubs won two deciders each, with Cronulla producing a heroic effort to make it back to back men's under-21 titles.

Cronulla played for more than 20 minutes down to 10 men to score a last-gasp 3-2 victory over Epping Eastwood.

Max Sidney gave the Seagulls the lead inside six minutes with a blast from the edge of the penalty area. He had his second a minute before half-time, with his heavily-deflected effort nestling in the corner.

The Gladesville Hornsby Football Association club pulled a goal back five minutes after the break and were level midway through the half before the match swung on 68 minutes when Cronulla had defender Jackson Lee sent off. But the Seagulls held firm to keep the Tigers at bay before Nathan Wedesweiler popped up to score the winner one minute into added time.

Fellow shire club Como Jannali scored a 5-0 victory over Southern & Ettalong United in the men's over-35s decider thanks to four goals from former Socceroo Dean Heffernan. Stephen Keep notched Como Jannali's other goal to see the club bounce back from their defeat in last year's final.

There was also success for St George clubs with Hurstville City Minotaurs scoring their third over-45s men's title in four years, winning their decider against Inter Lions thanks to a penalty shootout.

The Minotaurs played out a 1-1 draw with the Canterbury District club, with Sam Panagakis' lob on 68 minutes cancelling out the Lions' early opener.

Hurstville City, littered with a number of former NSL players, needed their stand-in goalkeeper George Ganiatsas to provide the match-winning save in the shootout to seal their second title in a row.

Arncliffe Aurora took out the under-15s boys final, thrashing Greystanes FC 4-0 thanks to goals from Hadi Sleiman, Mohammed Chahine and Ahmed Fadel.

Banksia went down 2-0 to Lake Heights Junior in the under-14s boys final while Lilli Pilli lost a penalty shootout to AC United in the under-12s girls decider. Loftus Yarrawarrah fell 3-2 to Pittwater RSL in their over-30s women's final.