Bayside Council has approved the tender for the wetlands water quality improvement works at Coolibah Reserve, Bardwell Valley.
Land and Marine Ocean Engineering Pty Ltd has been appointed by the council for the wetlands water quality improvement works for the amount of $1,142,000.00 exclusive of GST.
The scope of works includes:
- diversion of base flows into wetland upstream of existing concrete weir on Bardwell Creek;
- removal of sediment in backwatered lagoon;
- creation of vegetated wetland to treat base flows and remove nutrients;
- removal of weeds and vegetation on earth bund;
- protection works for concrete weir-creek crossing apron;
- construction of bank retaining structure;
- landscape features to provide landscape amenity; and
- commissioning, establishment and maintenance of the civil, landscaping and planting works.
Construction commences in October and is anticipated to be completed in June 2021, weather permitting.